Tuesday 22 November 2011

What do Rodney Dangerfield, Tina Weymouth and Karen O have in common?

JFK
What does Talking Heads bassist Weymouth, Singer O and comedian Rodney Dangerfield have in common?

Well I'll tell you, they were all born the same day that JFK died, not the same year but it's close enough so I can group them together and write about them; Right?


Rodney Dangerfield
I have loved Rodney Dangerfield ever since I watched 'Back to School' on ITV and attempted to entertain the kids at my school quoting him.

Such classics are "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio," and "I had plenty of pimples as a kid. One day I fell asleep in the library. When I woke up, a blind man was reading my face."
 
Most people remember him as the incestual father in Natural Born Killers, but he's starred in tons of his own films in the 80s. He should have been more popular, or at least as revered now as George Carlin or Bill Hicks. Even in 1995 he was rejected membership in the Motion Picture Academy, he never did get any respect.

Karen O
Karen O has recently been featured on David Lynch's first single 'Pinky's Dream' (A review of which can be found here) and I think everyone knows how bloody brilliant she is! I saw her band Yeah Yeah Yeah's at Leeds Festival a couple of years back and she seem to be crying with happiness throughout the whole set. I can't belive it's been two years since the band have been on the scene, come on Yeah Yeah Yeahs we need a new album or EP soon!

And finally we have the great Tina Weymouth, most famous for founding Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club. This girl needs to sort herself out and start getting back in a room with Byrne. Talking Heads haven't played together since 2002's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The band still say there is bad blood and Byrne is unable to welcome their friendship!

Well for a birthday post it's been abit depressive hasn't it! Rodney's Dead and Weymouth and O aren't playing in their bands. I had to bring this up but I haven't mentioned JFK yet; I'm not sure of the FBI/CIA/KGB/MI5 did kill old ''No Hat'' but something went down that day. I'm going to try and lighten the mood by showing you Bill Hick's thoughts on his shooting...


Give me your thoughts! Givedaddytheknifecindy@hotmail.com                    


No comments:

Post a Comment