Wednesday 16 November 2011

The end of Sonic Youth?


There are rumours circulating around that Sonic Youth played their last gig at Brazil's SWU Festival on Monday. I've never had the opportunity to see them live or really listened too much of their music.

My two experiences of the band are; hearing a Disk Jockey play an obscure b-side that I loved and can't remember what it really sounds like (i think it might have been a dream). The other being someone once gave me a t-shirt with the ‘Sonic Youth’ logo on.

This rumour seems believable because Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon have announced that they are getting divorced and news of solo projects. I know some of you out there will be crying yourself to sleep after reading this post but I've found the full SWU Festival set on YouTube and I'm going to show them you to cheer you up.




No comments:

Post a Comment